We recognise the importance of the following core values to our community. These values represent the aspirations and beliefs of the Australian community as a whole, including its concern for equity, excellence and the promotion of a caring, civil and just society. They are common to a range of secular and religious world views and are found in most cultures.
The core values are:
Honesty - being consistently honest and trustworthy.
Excellence - striving to achieve your personal best - our best endeavour.
Respect - having respect for yourself and others.
Responsibility - taking responsibility for your own actions.
Cooperation - working together to achieve common goals, support others and using peaceful conflict resolution.
Participation - participating fully in all school activities.
Caring - showing concern for the wellbeing of yourself and others.
Fairness - treating others fairly, honestly and without prejudice.
Tolerance - accepting and understanding our cultural diversity.
- School Attendance - Attend school every day, unless they are legally excused, and be in class on time and prepared to learn.
- School Uniform - Maintain a neat appearance, including wearing our school uniform.
- Behaviour - Behave safely, considerately and responsibly, including when travelling to and from school and sporting activities.
- Respect Cooperation Learning - Show respect at all time for teachers, other school staff and helpers, including following class rules, speaking courteously and cooperating with instructions and learning activities.
- Treatment of others - Treat one another with dignity and respect.
- Treatment of property - Care for property belonging to themselves, the school and others.
- Our school policy addresses the following issues:
- School expectations;
- Core Values
- School rules;
- Class Rules;
- Strategies to promote good discipline and effective learning within the school;
- Practices designed to recognise and reinforce student achievement; and
- Strategies for dealing with unacceptable behaviour.
Concequences Chart (pdf 10 KB)